Sunday, January 30, 2011

Watch my Heart Beat.

Okay,

So Friday afternoon I decided, that's IT. Everyone has one of these fancy heart rate monitors that tells them exactly how much they're burning in a workout, and I WANT ONE TOO. So off I went to Rebel Sports, got myself an FT60 purple (it's pink) HRM. I tried and tried to bargain with the sales guy, can't you do it any cheaper than $300??? (it was $250 online + P&H) but it was marked down from $400 in store (CRAP). Anyway, luckily he was conversational, and he asked where I train, as my local gym has a deal with Rebel Sports that their members get 10% off, so I paid $270, which I was happy with, as I really like to have things in my hand when the money is gone from my account, not waiting for it to arrive in the post for days after my money is gone! :)

Despite already having been to the gym, I was OFF yet again to try out the new gizmo now strapped on and ready to go. I burnt 488 calories at the gym, and being workout number 2 for the day, was very happy with those results ;)

The next day, I knocked on my older brother's front door at about 10am asking if he wanted to take his dog (Siberian Husky) Harley for a walk to the shops (which I had driven past on my way to his house). So off we went, girl, boy, dog and jerry can (to get petrol for his lawnmower). He held the dog while I went in to get fresh "firm white fish fillets" for Mish's baked fish and chips (I had no idea WHICH firm white fish fillets, as being 20 years old and never having bought a piece of fish myself, I half expected to see "firm white fish fillets" for sale, little did I know I had to choose!). :P

Back home we went, I even ran a little with the dog (not meant to but it was FUN). Got home and then dragged my other brother out for a half hour walk later in the afternoon. Got a little sunburnt (put sunscreen on between walks 1 and 2 as I wasn't planning to go for the first one), but burnt 600 calories purely from walking. This was my non-gym day as I had done 14 gym workouts in 14 days and had to ban myself from the gym so I could have a 'rest'. But my Polar HRM could not have a rest, as it was only one day old!!! :D

I love to watch my heart beat, and see it churning through all those calories. BOOM. BOOM. :D

and I've lost 900g since last Wednesday :) so woohoo.

Fat-burning dreams,

Nicole.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS on making this life changing decision! I too love looking at my watch to see how many cals I have burned and what my hr is. I do it for 2 main reasons, 1) To make sure I can work harder to get my hr up and 2) to be able to slow my hr down when it gets way too high so i dont pass out esp when it was around 190 today lol. Well done on what you have done so far and that is a great loss :)

    ReplyDelete