Saturday, February 26, 2011

2.5kg and counting :)

Hello fellow 12WBTers, ;) hope you are all doing well on your weight loss journeys.

So this morning, I weighed 62.0kg :) woohoo.

I was 64.5kg when I started to change my eating and exercise habits late January in preparation for the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation. By the week before, I was 63.3, and by weigh in week 1, I was 62.3 so the numbers are going down steadily. My aim is to be between 55 and 60, but I haven't been this for a while so not sure what is ideal for me yet.

I do allow myself a small sweet treat with a cup of tea most days (ie. 2 squares dark chocolate), but other than that, I have been cooking the healthy meal plans or similar and following the exercises 6 days of the week. With Mum, Dad, my brother and his fiance, I've had to cook for more than myself most days, but they have also been enjoying the healthy food (albeit with some added calories for them, like a side of potato or rice - soooo tempting!). I must say I am enjoying them a lot too :) Never realised that healthy food can be so quick and easy to prepare. I'm doing the shopping on Tuesday for this week's stuff, so tomorrow will be chicken and spinach wrap, not the beef sandwich, but as long as I have healthy options I'm getting comfortable substituting stuff when I can't make the selected recipes.

There's no greater motivation than logging in to the forums or the facebook page to read about everyone elses challenges, successes and general conversations. Yesterday was my third super saturday session as I began them early, and boy it was hard to get to the 1000 mark, but I pushed through spin, then joined Mum in the gym for some extra cardio and weights. If you have that benchmark, you just have to wait til the HRM gets up to it - I must say, if I didn't have the polar HRM, I would probably give up much quicker, and "OVERESTIMATE" how many calories I've burnt on the machines. Who would think it would take 2 and a half hours to burn 1079 calories!? :S ouch. But back I went this morning, choosing to have my rest day on Mondays as I will be working 9-5 and why sit on my butt all day on Sunday when I have to try and squish a  workout in before or after work Monday? :)

Thanks everyone for the support on facebook and the entertaining posts in the forums - it's going to be a great 11 more weeks!

Off to see Tim Minchin at the Palais Theatre tonight - praying they don't bring out the icecreams/snacks in intermission. Practicing saying NO!!!!!! already lol. :P

Burnt over 500 calories in my 80 min workout this morning, but don't want to waste that effort for crappy fatty food.

Cheers,

Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment